At this time we are not accepting any new residential concrete coating projects. So instead we put together a quick reference guide for you below to help you choose the right epoxy coating contractor. Beware of unqualified epoxy coating contractors and DIY kits that make the process look easy. In order for the paint or stain to last it needs to be done right.
Many home owners choose to finish their basement, kitchen, garage, and outdoor patios and sidewalks with epoxy floor coatings, stained, or polished concrete because of it’s many advantages.
Here are 7 tips to help you find the right person for your concrete coating project:
1. Take your time and do not be in a hurry.
2. Ask friends for referrals
3. The most important part is surface prep. If not done correctly, your floor paint will chip, peel, or fade quickly.
4. Interview contractors to find out their work history.
5. Ask for samples of past projects.
6. Ask them what the difference between brands of epoxy paints are. Tip: They all come from the same main blending houses so there isn’t any.
7. Find out if the contractor offers a guarantee on top of the manufacturers warranty.